Welcome to our Blog! What are the goals of "Africonnection"? To further the Kingdom. To help North American friends make a connection with the lives and experiences of their brothers and sisters in Africa. And to give North American friends an opportunity to partner with Africa Nazarene University as it supports the Kingdom through the Church of the Nazarene in Africa.

Mark and Nancy

Monday, December 31, 2007

Yet Another Change

We received news this morning that we will be leaving as scheduled for Nairobi tomorrow (New Years Day). It is believed that this is a narrow window of opportunity for us to get into the country before an expected increase in violence on January 3rd (when the opposition leader who lost the election will declare himself the winner).

We will be taken to the guarded/fenced missionary compound in Nairobi to wait out the disturbances.

Last night when we attended the Methodist Church in downtown Dublin they did a traditional Wesley Covenant Service. The prayer of John Wesley below is especially poignant and applicable at this time....
"Lord, make me what you will.
I put myself fully into your hands:
put me to doing, put me to suffering,
let me be employed for you, or laid aside for you,
let me be full, let me be empty,
let me have all things, let me have nothing.
I freely and with a willing heart give it all to your pleasure and disposal."

Amen! THAT is true freedom and peace.
Thank you for your continued prayers.
Nan & Mark

No comments: